Outpatient Ultrasound at VETMED
As the head of our new diagnostic imaging department, J. Clifton Crooks, DVM, MS, DACVR, performs outpatient ultrasounds 3 days a week. As of December 2018, Dr. Crooks is a board-certified diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology.
If your non-emergent patient needs an ultrasound, you can now refer to Dr. Crooks on an appointment-only basis. This will reduce wait times for imaging patients currently sent through our emergency service, reduce costs to your clients by avoiding an emergency exam charge, and enhance our existing services through continued cross-specialty collaboration. Outpatient ultrasound are available by appointment Tuesday-Thursday. Our mobile ultrasound remains available during the week, with new availability on Wednesdays and continued availability on Fridays with Dr. Crooks.
Indications for Outpatient Ultrasound
If your patient needs an ultrasound and is not experiencing an emergency, please consider an abdominal, thoracic, or cervical soft tissue ultrasound with Dr. Crooks. Indications for an outpatient include:
- Abdominal or Thoracic Cavity Mass
- Cervical Soft Tissue Mass including:
- Parathyroid Disease
- Thyroid Disease
- Cancer Staging
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Abnormal bloodwork values including:
- Congenital or Acquired Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
Additional diagnostics (aspirates, biopsies, etc.) can be performed in most cases at the time of the procedure. Results of the imaging study will be shared with you and your client, so you can then move forward with the most appropriate treatment plan.
- 27 Sep 2019VetMED Offers Advanced Surgical Services for Dogs and CatsYour family veterinarian can handle many of your pet’s surgical...
- 24 Sep 2019VetMED Doctors to Speak at Local Small Animal Specialist MeetingAzVMA Winter Small Animal Specialist Meeting On Saturday, November 16t...