Important COVID-19 Policy Update – Effective March 20, 2020
At VetMED, the health and well-being of your pet and family are our top priority. As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, we have taken measures to reduce potential exposure to our clients, patients, and team members.
- Clients with previously scheduled appointments are asked not to enter the hospital, to remain in their vehicle, and to call the hospital for assistance. A team member will come outside to retrieve your pet to be seen by the doctor. All doctor consultations will then be held over the telephone to eliminate the risk of exposure.
- If your pet is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, you may be allowed to enter the hospital. Exam rooms will be available for waiting, to reduce a large group of clients waiting in our lobby.
- Visitation of patients has been suspended to better protect our clients and staff members. We understand that it is difficult to have your pet away from you during the stressful time of a hospitalized visit. We assure you that your pets will be cared for as if they are our own. Our team can send you photos of your pet upon request.
We are continuing to take additional steps to keep patients, clients, and employees healthy and safe, including:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces throughout our facility and, as always, exam rooms are disinfected between patients.
- Employees who feel ill are instructed to stay home and contact their doctor.
If you are feeling ill, we ask that you please call us before traveling to the hospital, so we can either reschedule your appointment, or in the case of an emergency, provide information on what to do upon arrival at the hospital.
We are closely monitoring the guidance from the CDC and local authorities regarding the spread of the virus to ensure that the actions that we are taking are comprehensive and appropriate.
We thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we navigate through this situation.
If you have any questions, please call 602.697.4694.
A letter to our clients (March 16, 2020) – An Important Message About COVID-19 from VetMED
Stay in touch by subscribing to our mailing list!
- 17 Mar 2020COVID-19 Updates
- 22 Jan 2020My Dog is Limping—Now What?
- 02 Dec 2019Common Holiday Pet Emergencies You Can Prevent
- 27 Sep 2019VetMED Offers Advanced Surgical Services for Dogs and Cats
- 24 Sep 2019VetMED Doctors to Speak at Local Small Animal Specialist Meeting