February 23 is National Dog Treat Day, hooray! So we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share one of our favorite healthy, homemade dog treat recipes. Happy baking!
Peanut Butter Bone-Appétites!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ c grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and baking powder. Stir in the broth and peanut butter until the mixture forms a crumbly dough. Press dough to form a ball.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough into a 10-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick. Using a bone-shape cookie cutter, cut out bones and move to baking sheet. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool, and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Subscribe to Our News
- 22 Mar 2019Introducing New Internists
- 22 Mar 2019Two Surgeons Now Board Certified
- 20 Nov 2018Holiday Foods You Won’t Feel Guilty About Sharing with Your Pets
- 12 Oct 2018Camping With Your Pet in Arizona
- 27 Sep 2018What Should You Do If Your Dog Suffers a Head Injury?