February 23 is National Dog Treat Day, hooray! So we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share one of our favorite healthy, homemade dog treat recipes. Happy baking!
Peanut Butter Bone-Appétites!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ c grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and baking powder. Stir in the broth and peanut butter until the mixture forms a crumbly dough. Press dough to form a ball.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough into a 10-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick. Using a bone-shape cookie cutter, cut out bones and move to baking sheet. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool, and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Stay in touch by subscribing to our mailing list!
- 27 Sep 2019VetMED Offers Advanced Surgical Services for Dogs and Cats
- 24 Sep 2019VetMED Doctors to Speak at Local Small Animal Specialist Meeting
- 23 Jul 2019Summer Safety for Arizona Pets
- 08 Jul 2019FDA Releases the Latest Report of their Investigation into Potential Link Between Grain-Free Diets and Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- 24 May 2019Cushing’s Disease in Dogs