Computed Tomography (CT) has become an essential part of advanced diagnostics in veterinary medicine. Because of its ability to assist in the diagnosis of a vast number of diseases, CT has been described as the gold standard in radiological imaging by the medical profession. VETMED can now offer you the gold standard at our location. VETMED’s 4-slice CT offers procedural times that are six times faster than single slice CT, thus allowing for scans with excellent image quality within 5-7 minutes. The results will be faxed to the referring veterinarian directly and a CD-ROM will be provided for the client.
- Brain Imaging: Diagnosis of seizure disorders, brain tumors and head trauma
- Inner Ear: Otitis interna/media
- Nasal Cavity: Epistaxis, nasal discharge, nasal masses
- Spinal Cord: Intervertebral disc disease, neoplasia, trauma, diskospondylitis
- Extremities: Lameness, fragmented coronoid processes, joint abnormalities, bone lesions
- Thorax: Lung masses, pneumothorax, lymphadenopathy
- Abdomen: Neoplasia/pathologies of adrenals, pancreas, spleen, liver and kidneys
- Special Contrast Procedures: Ectopic ureters and portosystemic shunts
- Biopsy Procedures: CT guidance for lesions not reliably imaged with ultrasound
To learn more about the indications for CT scans or to make an appointment, please call VETMED today at 602-697-4694.
Subscribe to Our News
- 22 Mar 2019Introducing New Internists
- 22 Mar 2019Two Surgeons Now Board Certified
- 20 Nov 2018Holiday Foods You Won’t Feel Guilty About Sharing with Your Pets
- 12 Oct 2018Camping With Your Pet in Arizona
- 27 Sep 2018What Should You Do If Your Dog Suffers a Head Injury?